PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Emergency Procedures Instructor
View Single Post
Old 19th Apr 2012, 04:09
PapaGolfIndia

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Question Emergency Procedures Instructor

Posted this originally in 'Wannabes' section, but reckon as you guys are 'Alreadybes' you probably know more about this...

Having got an ME CPL in 2007, I managed to break my back soon after (nothing to do with flying I hasten to add) and therefore couldn't fly for a long time. With that break in flying (and spine!), and my age (37), I have found it very difficult to get a job as a pilot, even though I'm holding a class1 medical again. I saw last month, and applied for, a position at Cathay as "Emergency Procedures Instructor". Does anyone out there know more details about the position? Having spent so much time, money and effort on getting my licence I don't want to turn my (now-healed) back on the aviation industry, and a job like that sounds more appealing to me than sitting in an office in Central banging my head on a desk for the rest of my life!

Sometimes I feel I was a complete fool for coming into this flying circus at a 'later' age. But then again, I would have lived the rest of my life with regret at not trying. I think it's about time I had some luck with something...

Any helpful info, or pointers, about the post would be great.

Cheers!