PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 8
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2012, 22:51
DozyWannabe

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
[Quoting in full in case the original post "disappears"... Apologies.]

Originally Posted by Lyman
Airbus, Flight Plan, Boeing, Display flight.
Wheat/Chaff
I think both were demo flights, wait, I know they were. Airbus needs to stop promoting to chief pilot or even F/O, those who lose the plot, in cahoots with the platform/Format. Funny how many nincompoops get into the front dere, yes?

Are you trying to tell me Airbus doesn't have a glossy release prepped at a moment's notice to exonerate the a/c for any foul/up? In at least one case, the manufacturer applied pressure to have the investigative body carry their d'Eau, No? Pre Paris Air Show? Fetes d'avions? Nothing wrong here, nope.

If Airbus wasn't addicted to excuse making, they might release all the data they own? IOW, the whole deal, they got off BEA? By that I mean, if they are innocent, what is behind the white knuckles holding on to 447's data?

Goes to motive, and intent.

Everything Airbus has done since 1988 pertains to 447. Didn't auto/recover from CFIT result from Asseline's folly? Not all bad, then? Weren't they attempting to get their arms around "Unreliable Speeds" when the 330 went down? At some point, it might be nice to admit a problem, take a breath, (PARK THEM), and not fly until the problem can be sussed and mitigated?

Mon Dieu! Je ne sais pas! Moment, s'il vous plait.
Forgive me if I'm appearing dense here, but it appears to me that despite the fact that you're using mostly English words, and your sentence structure is largely OK, I can discern no coherent meaning from that post at all.

If I sort of squint and angle my head slightly, however, it would appear that you've just tried to imply a conspiracy between Airbus and French authorities to absolve Airbus of any problems with their products and to blame pilots when things do go wrong - a conspiracy that is ongoing and goes back to 1988.

If that is indeed what you're saying, then you've basically confirmed what I've suspected for about a year now - that your continued posting of ever more bizarre theories, alternating with assurances of good intent, were nothing more than a smokescreen - behind which lurked merely another person who bashes Airbus because they never got over Habsheim.

To which all I can say is : Even Captain Asseline is over *$!?%&g Habsheim by now!

To answer your "points" (after which if you want to talk about this it does not belong in the AF447 thread) :
  • Both were demonstration flights, but AF296 was carrying passengers because it was due to continue from Habsheim to a sightseeing flight over Mont Blanc. The Dash-8 barrel roll would never have been considered under those circumstances. The decision for the former lay with AF ops, not Airbus - the latter lay with the test pilot alone (AF447 : No relevance)
  • Capt. Asseline was an AF training captain, *not* an Airbus employee (AF447 : No relevance)
  • *Every* airframe manufacturer will, in the absence of an obvious design problem, try to prove their product is not at fault - think Boeing and the 737 rudder PCU issue (AF447 : No relevance)
  • The decisions as to how much data is to be released, when, and to whom are based on relevance and made by the investigating authority, not the manufacturer. No investigation bureau in the world has ever released full, unexpurgated FDR traces, and yet you conclude that because the BEA is doing the same, they or Airbus must be hiding something. Paranoid much?
  • The pitot tube replacement work was scheduled at the airlines' discretion, not Airbus's. In the meantime Airbus met due diligence criteria and published a procedure to be followed in case of UAS, which was not followed by this crew
  • An AD grounding the fleet would have been overkill in this instance, because procedures were established to deal with the problem without incurring additional risk - just like the increased approach speed numbers to counteract the 737 rudder hard-over fault in the late '90s

I dread to think how many hours I've spent patiently explaining documented facts that refute the claims of skulduggery between the BEA and Airbus either then or now, so I'm not going to repeat myself further.

I'm glad you've finally revealed your true colours Lyman. I'd like to say it's a weight off my mind, but frankly I've barely given this any thought of late - and will not be doing so until more information is forthcoming.