PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nats atcos to spain?
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2012, 19:21
pamplinas

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
So then, OTG, should we consider “what you’ve heard” is the real “Fact!”?

I’d really think you’d better know what you’re talking about before shouting out.

Have you read the new Labor Law? What do you call a permanent a contract? Do you know now our T&Cs can be severely lowered or you can even be fired anytime with a minimal severance pay just because your company claims it is expecting lower benefits in the next months (regardless you screw it up or not, believe me)?

Atcs in Spain do not have any national holidays. AENA’s T&C includes 45 holidays. That has nothing to do with Ferronats, who does not offer more than the strict legal minima in this subject: 30 holidays (that’s what I originally meant). Of course you may expect some kind of cycle with the corresponding days off, but you’re going to be disappointed if you are thinking anything “normal” will apply here.

No need for lawyers. Even though there is little the staff can do to oppose with all the legal framework they’ve built to enforce this process, it’s funny how the whole thing is actually based in two dire violations of the current law: they will not respect the T&Cs of the current staff and they will enforce them to request the OJTI rating and to provide the necessary instruction forcibly. With such a scene, do you really think anything you sign today with Ferronats will be observed five years after? Don’t make me laugh.

Anyway I’m playing no intimidation role here, we’re all adults, right? I was only trying to describe the environment likely to be found in those places. Now it’s up to you to show any empathy and solidarity or to join the bunch of mercenaries that are going to do CANSO’s dirty job. I’d love to see the warm welcome you’d give them in such a situation. Well maybe we’ll even have the chance to see such a thing happen in your workplace in the future. Please let us know if you really believe this is the way things must be done.

Beware the vultures!