PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Nats atcos to spain?
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2012, 15:47
Out The Gap

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Daermon, are you by any chance working at one of these towers-to-be-privatised? Obviously I'm not asking you to specify where, but it would appear that you are somewhat biased and (understandably or otherwise) in fact trying to convince outsiders not to apply. That said, your insight here is hugely welcome and much appreciated.

The salary figures you mention don't appear all that bad for some of the quieter airports such as Vigo and A Coruna, where the number of daily movements would appear to be no more than 30 or 40. However I'm not so sure those salaries would appeal in the likes of Alicante or Valencia, with many times more traffic there. But then again, the cost of living in many parts of Spain is quite cheap compared to elsewhere in Europe or elsewhere.

If FerroNATS fail to win the contract again in 5/6 years time, I would assume any outsider will have the option of remaining an employee of NATS at least and working at any other of their ventures around the world (not necessarily in the UK), or of remaining at the privatised Spanish tower and working with the new contractor (and whatever conditions they enforce)... which is a very similar choice to what certain Aena employees are facing now.