PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - bmiBaby threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2012, 13:52
Granite City Express

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Some information....

Dear colleagues,

As you already know, we expect the sale of bmi to IAG to complete this week and our ownership will then transfer from Lufthansa to BA.

The integration process of our business into BA has now started and as a consequence of the change in ownership there will be a new bmi management structure in place effective 20th April. Joerg Hennemann and myself will not continue with the business from this date and I would like to take this opportunity to thank Joerg for his valuable commitment and contribution to our company during his time at bmi and wish him all the best as he re-joins Lufthansa. Simone Menne will stay with the business and the new bmi management team will comprise of:

·Peter Simpson, Managing Director
·Simone Menne, Chief Financial Officer
·Gavin Halliday, Commercial Director
·David Lebrecht, People Director

More information regarding the new structure will be communicated in due course. Peter Simpson and the management team will now work with you during the crucial integration process into BA. We recognise that the process will present challenges, yet we count on your professionalism, which will ensure a smooth transition.

Looking back to 2010, together we achieved an improvement according to our turnaround plan, however in 2011 we encountered multiple external challenges including high fuel prices and the prolonged crisis in the Middle East. It became clear that a company of our size, with a high proportion of short haul business, could not survive as a separate entity especially in an increasingly competitive marketplace. Therefore, with no signs of improvement in our financial results and having evaluated different alternatives, the sale of bmi to IAG is the best option for our business.

With respect to bmi Regional and bmibaby the sales efforts will continue and the summer schedule will operate as currently planned. If the airlines become part of the IAG transaction there are no plans to integrate them into BA.

I would like to highlight to you that our new owners and those involved in the sales process, have emphasised the exemplary professionalism shown by you during the due diligence process and subsequently in setting up the integration process. I recognise that you have been working on multiple tasks, running the day to day business and being involved in the sales process. Yet as a result of your hard work we have continued to deliver a solid operational and customer focused performance. This is confirmed by the results of our key performance indicators in operational and customer satisfaction areas.

On behalf of Simone, Joerg and myself, I would like to thank you for your hard work, loyalty and commitment to our company. We have been impressed with your optimistic and can do attitude which has often been under challenging circumstances.

I personally have enjoyed working with you and have had the pleasure to get to know many of you individually. I wish you all the best in your future endeavours.

With best regards,

Wolfgang Prock-Schauer
How long can Baby run without a winter schedule fatally harming forward bookings?

Goodbye Wolfgang.