PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CPL before ATPL?
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2012, 10:35
pudoc

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Numerous people have advised me that if I want to be a pilot in the UK, that I am to do all my flying in the UK. An acquaintance of mine went for an interview and a question he was asked is why did he hour build in the US if he wants to fly for a UK airline, he froze up and didn't know what to say and never got the job. Probably because he wasn't properly prepared for the interview (maybe??).

1000s of people prove me wrong, you can hour build in the US and still get jobs in what country you like (ignoring the fact there are few jobs). This was just advice I was given by several people, none of it is factual and none of them worked in recruitment it's just their opinion.

So many ways to get into the right seat it can be a big ol' minefield at times.

I can see only one reason to only do the CPL exams. Because you only want to do CPL type flying and have no interest in flying multi-crew aeroplanes. I'm in that category, and quite happy - but I can think of no other good reason. Even then, I do wonder if I shouldn't have done the ATPL writtens so that I have the chance to fly multi-crew in the future should I change my mind.
I see your point Genghis and it's one I agree with. I was just highlighting the possible scenarios he could be faced with and things he should be aware of. But nothing's set in stone as your example proves. As I said, it all depends on what the individual wants.