PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - bmiBaby threads (merged)
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2012, 09:50
Granite City Express

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Inkjet,

In ABZ we have been living with the will they/wont they situation of being bought since November last year. Information has been scant and if management had been a bit more proactive in keeping us informed - even if it had been in the form of "There is no news" it would have kept us a little more in the loop. It seems that even our management team has been living on a diet of second hand gossip and speculation as they have been mushroomed as well.

If I repeat on a RUMOUR network the RUMOURS I have heard from colleagues and friends in other parts of the Group, and am then patronised by someone who is directly involved in negotiations, then it does not give me the feeling that things are going well. Certainly not in the baby part of the group. I am not covered by any disclosure agreements and see no reason why I shouldnt share the information I am hearing. If it is wrong, fine let us know what is wrong and it can be filtered out of Galley FM. You as management Inkjet would you be able to assist in filtering the incorrect info out without breaking any confidences? It certainly would help.
Bmir & bmibaby have not yet been sold

Both remain for sale with ongoing discusions with interested parties, which understandably are subject to confidentiality clauses.
If that is all we have after 6 months of waiting, then it is a pretty bad show for the management team in DH

I have a mortgage, wife and kids to provide for, it is a pretty bleak affair if I have to rely on a rumour network for information. I certainly would not base any life changing decisions on pprune, but it is at least one small cog in the information machine outside of the bmi group "empty space".