PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - £660
Thread: £660
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2012, 05:03
Load Toad

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
My point is simple:
- For a child so ill surely it isn't just a case of having access to 'free oxygen'. I mean does the child need oxygen during a 'normal' day - what other care is needed especially if the child has an attack whilst on the 'plane. What about the impact on other passengers. As much compassion as I may have I'd feel pretty uncomfortable if a clearly disabled child was in distress on a flight and needed serious medical intervention.
- The 'assuming' aspect. We seem to live in an era where people 'assume' a lot & think that asking for something means that one shall receive. The actual GBP figure I have no idea if is reasonable (but see above - is it just about having access to a bottle of oxygen in the cabin...?).
The child is ill, respect for saving up to arrange some care to enhance the quality of the child's life - but given the severity of the illness couldn't the parents have discussed this with KLM (or any preferred carrier) in advance - they aren't going to turn up at check in with a severely disabled child are they?