PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Planes may leave late in new system - Perth
Old 18th Apr 2012, 04:56
Icarus2001

Received 247 Likes on 107 Posts
No, I did lookout for that one and no departures off 21 whilst we were inbound from Woora either.

TODAY: 50 minutes holding required during the middle of the day and also early evening as per NOTAM.

So a calculated slot and COBT AND 50 minutes holding required. This is having a bet both ways surely? If everyone is complying with their allocated time why would we need 50 minutes? If someone is not complying then let them hold for 50 minutes, no fuel, well off to the alternate it is then.

Is today a sign of what will happen come winter with all approaches IMC and full STAR flown. If so I am not looking forward to that.

Are you implying we just ditch one or the other? If you think you can hit your "published slot time" to the +/- 30 seconds you're better than me. What about if you get held up departing an outport due to traffic? You just arrive 5 minutes late and land in formation with someone at their "landing slot time"?
Now you are being dumb on purpose. There is enough slack in the system to allow for last minute changes, there has to be to allow for departures.