PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Albanese does nothing on Sydney Airports
View Single Post
Old 18th Apr 2012, 04:40
MR MACH

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lucerne,
I live in the North Sydney electorate - Joe Hockey is my local member.
This is what he said:
AIRCRAFT NOISE IN NORTH SYDNEY
16th June 2011

I rise today to talk about a matter that has long been a concern to the residents of my electorate—namely, aircraft noise emanating from Sydney airport. When the Howard government was elected it was determined to ensure there was a fair sharing of aircraft noise over the suburbs of Sydney, a policy that had bipartisan support. Following a long and very difficult consultation process led by the Sydney Airport Community Forum, of which I was the chairman at the time, the government formally adopted the Long Term Operating Plan for Sydney Airport. The plan meant that the percentage of aircraft operations over the northern suburbs of Sydney would drop to an average of 17 per cent. LTOP remains the policy that is meant to guide the government and Airservices Australia in relation to aircraft movements.

The Hon. Joe Hockey :: Shadow Treasurer

AND from Scott Morrison:
Noise sharing plus airport cap and curfew must remain

Friday 2nd March 2012

The existing cap, curfew and noise sharing arrangements at Sydney Airport are non-negotiable, Local Federal Member for Cook Scott Morrison said today, in response to the release of the independent report into Sydney’s future aviation needs.
Scott Morrison MP, Federal Member for Cook.

So would you like to revise your outlook.

What I am saying there has been NO result from either side of politics.

The facts belie your opinion.