PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Take your shoes off - Aviation security
View Single Post
Old 13th Dec 2002, 00:31
icemanalgeria

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I think we all agree that something had to be done after 911, But it seems no thought has gone into what should have been done.

In stead the situation is worse.

Examples.

MIA - for a flight in bound to MIA with a one hour turnaround with the same crew, We must shut everything down, Complete immigration forms and go through customs with all our bags.

But we don't want to enter the USA we just want a quick turnaround.

This system means more people are going from the terminal,diluting the efforts of their security systems.

And even worse, Our aircraft is left without our own staff on board to protect against attack. (it's more likely that a person not flying on board would plant a bomb rather that ground staff who will not be flying with us).

Then there are the Armed flightdeck doors, Very secure and locked.

What happens if we have pilot incapacitation during takeoff climb or descent landing. The doors locked and no one can gain entry.

Then there is the fact that our wife's son's etc can not fly on our flight deck, Even though we have known them for years, However the DOT want us to allow a complete stranger form the CAA to be able to join us on the flight deck just because he has an ID, Which maybe false.

Well he has a big shock coming if he attempt's to take a ride on my flight.

Because unless he can convince me that it a safer option taking him than taking my wife he's off.

If we all kick them off then maybe they will come to there senses and allow us to decide who we carry on the flight deck and not them.