PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - FAA seeks to raise Airline Pilot Standards
Old 17th Apr 2012, 21:44
BTDTB4

Location: Residence - Georgia || Flying Domicile Changes Periodically
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Just hypothetically curious
If someone were to evaluate your performance as substandard, would you just 'walk away' amiably and say, "Well the system's working"...

or would you consider legal counsel?
I don’t “think,” I know that I would evaluate the criticism to see whether or not the criticizer does or does not have a point. If he does have a point, I would see if there was anything I could do to improve my abilities … and if I concluded that he does NOT have a point, I would certainly ask him/her to be a bit more specific as to why he/she believes my performance is substandard and find out what might be the “real” reason behind the criticism. I’d like to think that legal counsel might be a very last resort. For example … let’s say my performance was NOT substandard, and it was provable, but they wanted me fired anyway. So I go get legal counsel and bring a law suit. The suit is settled by allowing me to stay employed. Do you think that would be a good move on my part or not? I would think not. For a whole laundry list of reasons. The only way legal counsel might be considered worthwhile is if I could get a settlement that would pay me enough money to live on (hopefully live well on) until I found another job. In my experience, most relatively new hired persons are not going to be given such an opportunity.