PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - NATCA fighting privitization in US
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2002, 22:53
EuroATC

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
svoigt,

first, your stats do not tell 100% of the story, your union has picked out the items to help their arguement along and have left out that maybe some of those stats are post sept 11th. Like every ANS in the world almost, Nav Canada is also losing money. But I guess the US ANS system has nothing to do with the fact that the US gov is going to run a 100 billion deficit this year?

second, I know how it is in Canada, I worked in Toronto ACC. The ATC system has come a long way since it was privatised in 1996, alot more than what it would have with the government who was running the system at a loss. Yes you're right, alot of controllers are pissed off in Canada about the working conditions but no one complains about new equip and a 38% i say again 38% percent wage increase they received a few years ago.

third, I don't see how privatisation would hurt general aviation, you talk about the US taxpayer picking up the bill if the privatisation cannot pay for itself... Well what is the US taxpayer doing now?? He/she is paying for 100% of it!!!