PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA/bmi merger (was Virgin & Balpa - bmi next ?)
Old 17th Apr 2012, 18:17
BusDriverLHR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
With respect to merging of seniority lists, I'd be interested to know whether, if BALPA took a poll of all their members outside of BA, the result would overwhelmingly favour mergers rather than concatenation?

Perhaps even if BA pilots were included in the above vote, the result would favour merging lists not some other paradigm? The vociferous minority do not always represent the majority...
What on earth does the opinion of pilots not in BA/BMI have to do with any of this?? By all means, contribute to the debate if you wish, but to suggest your 'vote' counts is barking mad.

I think SR71 raises a valid point. BALPA NECs silence is deafening to the two groups and to the membership in general. We all would expect some leadership in this hotly contested debate but alas nothing other than an I'll informed document from someone who was not tasked to make a decision, note had the facts to make a decision yet it would appear that that was what he tried to do.
The IRSC is the BALPA section tasked with dealing with issues like this. That is their purpose. They were consulted, they produced an educated opinion.
You didn't like what they had to say so you call them "ill informed".
THE BMI-CC didn't like what they had to say so they kept the report from their members.

As I've said before, this is about (some) BMI pilots trying to skip the queue to BA longhaul and using every excuse in the book to justify it.