PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA/bmi merger (was Virgin & Balpa - bmi next ?)
Old 17th Apr 2012, 16:15
red 7

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Studi

I like others do not get your points,

I am looking at the many times you quote about BA pilots letting the T&C's drop, maybe you should realise that the terms that existed from the mid 70's were not sustainable, the BA.cc were smart enough to see that and take the bull by the horns and re structure,
PAy and allowance restructuring, = better basic pay and less tax on said allowances, something the BA cabin crew wish they had gone for when their taxes went up.
Better scheduling and rostering systems allowing more hands on changing of trips etc.
Changes to pensions to recover what was ruined by uk government

all of the above were a better system to BA pilots and saved them suffering terms being imposed, or going down the route of iberia express.

So yes, we are happy with our lot, no its not alright JAck, I am guessing you have a jealosy of BA due failing to get in, or you are BMI concerned for your future, if neither of the above, please state your intentions,
Ze germans couldnt make BMI work in its present form, maybe IAG can, but it will mean a bit of pain for some before it comes good.