PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Mainline to recruit
View Single Post
Old 17th Apr 2012, 08:49
Angle of Attack

Received 33 Likes on 10 Posts
Good post FYSTI,

The QF shorthaul award is by far the most flexible award for an employer between all the Airlines. In general per hours worked there is a bees dick difference between pay at Virgin/J* and QF shorthaul. There is a perception that it is a so called gravy train, well I dispute that notion completely. (Recently did a 26hour tour of duty and lost 8 hours pay for it haha welcome to shorthaul) However I have been in both Longhaul and shorthaul and I can say with conviction there is a bees dick chance in hell that I would ever go back to Longhaul, regardless of monetry reward the shorthaul lifestyle absolutely $hits over the longhaul lifestyle.(Almost no back of the flights as the J* mugs have taken over all that crap flying) Plus there are protections in the award that allow you to get extra flying if you lose some flying, its a WIN WIN for both. Been there done that, but I dont want to spend half my time away from home. Longhaul types whinge about working 180 hour duty in 56 days, I do 160 in 28 days and its not hard its a perception change, the fact is its not hard to become more efficient. Regardless of hours work I am extremely happy on the Shorthaul award, I was less happy on the Longhaul one. Just my 2 cents. Take Care!