PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - DUBLIN - 2
Thread: DUBLIN - 2
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2012, 23:40
Cyrano

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by stab3.5up
Do we assume then that dark forces are at work n af want to protect there brand shud wx go lets just say into a non flying situation
No, we don't assume that at all. We assume that (a) as mentioned above, AF has commercial control of the route (wet lease to WX rather than a franchise as it was before - AF has I believe switched all or almost all their subsidiary flying, with all their subsidiaries, from franchise to wet lease) so can make their own fleet decisions, and (b) that the A318/319/320 are all bigger than the Avro so would be appropriate to deploy if demand is high (it may be, I don't know, that a Paris-based Avro operated some other route on the days in question, i.e. a straight swap).

In any case I don't really understand your idea that flying an occasional few Airbuses to Dublin would somehow "protect the brand". But if you want to develop some sort of "dark forces" theory, it only remains for you to explain how this is all part of the cosmic plot to disadvantage Cork Airport...