PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Fixed wing to flexwing
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2012, 22:20
magpienja

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
All of above...and make sure you warm the rotax 2 stroke thoroughly before you even think of going to full power,

I have the 503 version on mine and give it at the very least 10mins of ground running...upto at 2500-3000rpm

Its all to do with avoiding a situation call cold seize where the piston warms to quickly for the cooler cylinder,

Treated with care the 2 stroke is a smashing bit of kit,

A good oil measure is handy for getting the oil mix right if you don't have oil injection 50/1...goes without saying keep all funnels-measures very clean...I keep mine in old pillow cases...and try not to leave fuel to go stale in the tank if not going to be used for a while,

Pick your brand of 2 stroke and stick to it...Rotax used to recommend fully synthetic...but theses day they recommend semi synthetic unless the engine is going to be used daily...fully synthetic is not supposed to protect against internal corrosion as well as semi synthetic oil...I use Rock Oil PP2,

Some type of oil don't mix to well with other types of oil and can form a goo in the system,

Flexwings can be a handful on the ground in higher winds...your instructor will explain,

Just in case you don't have the a/c manual you can download them from the aircraft maker P+M Aviation,

PM Aviation - Microlight flying and Ultralight Manufacturing

And goto downloads,

You will love it...the view from a flex is unparalleled.

Nick.

Last edited by magpienja; 17th Apr 2012 at 10:18.