PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Qantas Mainline to recruit
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2012, 20:35
Variable Incidence

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ok seems the beers a tad expensive! Jeez the simple things that upsets guys.

Still don't buy the argument that there's nothing to do in Perth. i've lived there before. Got friends there. Great beaches, not too far down south to great surf. Kite surfing, scuba. triathlons, lotsa beautiful very fit girls to run around King's Park with . Hey they've even got electricity,internet, movie theatres .... if you don't already have friends there make some new ones...so I don't buy that line, really very negative. It's no different to any other new city that you don't call home and it's what you make of it....just like life!!

Outside Limits: prob is LWOP opportunities in J* are now all in DRW and frozen for 3 years. I'd rather live in PER. Thing is too have to decide to either stay in J* after 3 years or come back to Q and give up your command. tough decision! Philosophical too for me, for as long as guys willingly sign on for and work under lousy pay and conditions it will prevail. History shows that only when outfits can't get guys on the offered T & C's do they improve. Personally I'm not happy to support the growth of J* on it's present Ts & C's. My conscience dictates too that I cannot support a vehicle that is being used by AJ & BB to destroy what was once a great airline. These clowns have got no idea. Qantas could still be great with the right CEO and board, the right airframes and a better attitude to their staff. An old adage rings true here: if your not part of the solution, you're part of the problem!! Each to their own!

Happy Gilmour: perhaps I was a bit harsh. Apologies. You seem like a decent bloke. Appreciate your candidness and insight. I don't have rose coloured glasses on, believe me! I would rather stay where I am for lots of reasons! Problem is guys probably can't stay where they are for too much longer as LH fleet reductions progress, because at some point redundancy will rear it's ugly head. I like many others suspect that Q will try on redundancy on type before reverse seniority. It may go to court which is not good as I can't remember the last time that AIPA won a case against Q, can you?

KellyKelpie: I'm not from Tas. Nor am I a 96 year old refueller. Can't believe everything U read on a profile, for obvious reasons

PS if the beers too expensive buy a carton and have some friends over for a BBQ