PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA/bmi merger (was Virgin & Balpa - bmi next ?)
Old 16th Apr 2012, 18:50
757_Driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't be brow-beaten into forgoing what is due to you under the law. And respect to the BMICC for having the courage to seek this. Unfortunately, BALPA will not help you, so you will have to get a pot of money together if it comes to tribunals/high court.
Oh for gods sake. Another person who thinks the world owes everone a living. NOTHING, repeat NOTHING is owed to anyone under the law in this situation. TUPE does not even apply until IAG has finished the current hatchet job - by which time there may be nothing left to protect under TUPE. Seniority / bidline / different fleets, is not, was never and will never be owed under law. It may be something on the negotiating table but it is not legally required.
Yes, BMICC should be fighting their corner, and I'm sure they are much more knowlegable than you (or I ) about the legal matters. But alot of people have said for weeks that they are fighting the wrong corner and being unrealistic in their expectations.

Its a ****ty message, but don't shoot the messenger just because you don't like the way the world works.

This is my last word on the subject as the last thread just turned into a ping pong match between people who refused to accept the reality of the situation. And I've got better things to do to be honest