PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Virgin Atlantic A330 precautionary evacuation at LGW
Old 16th Apr 2012, 18:05
Bemarost

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Respect

I appreciate that I am a first time poster but have always had an interest in aviation and have followed the various forums for a while now.
I have no experience in working in the industry but have now retired from the Police after 30 interesting years.
I only post to give some encouragement to those crew involved in today's incident.
Two points.
1. I have been in situations when I and others have had to move a lot of people on very quickly to keep them safe. There is always confusion and it is imperative to speak or realistically shout loudly and decisively without any cause for misunderstanding. This would appear to be the case here and left no doubt as to what was required.
This leads me onto point 2 which is that a news spin story sells more copy than the hard facts. I too have been involved in incidents which have later been reported so vastly different to the facts.

There isn't much you can do about except to accept accept the praise of your peers and colleagues, who are after all the best judges.

Anyway just to let you know that there are still some of us out there who would rather read facts and not hype!

As you can see I am in no way an aviation expert but would lime to say well done to all involved in avoiding a disaster and saving lives.