PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 8
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2012, 16:10
RR_NDB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Important data we expect

We expect (hope) all relevant data to be published. So far the most important information is: The plane was OK. Published in a timing incompatible with a deep analysis of the issue. (before Paris Air show).

The 25,000+ posts here in PPRuNe indicates this accident is unique with respect to public interest.

Thus apparently at least one case is known where an update in the software apparently de-masked a hidden old software bug in an ADIRU unit.

A final remark is about redundancy and diversification. Redundancy is normally a repetition using the same equipment and systems which seldom helps to avoid problems which are due to a common cause.
There is no Redundancy currently in the ENTIRE FLEET of A/C with respect to Air Speed meaurements. I consider this an ABSURD!

The current Pitot's are just OBSOLETE. Airbus SAS filed a patent on Laser based AS measurements.

Redundancy works when the diversified elements don't fail simultaneously.

In F-GZCP they (same type no longer being used) "failed" near simultaneously.

In editing later this post i could provide (mine) earlier posts dealing with the RIDICULOUS design, as i unfortunately had to classify it.(WRT to AS)

There is a trend (solid one due important reasons) for this crash to be remembered as "pilot error".

As engineer with a family closely connected to aviation (father, sun, cousins, etc.) i am keeping ON the suspicion on several facts that may indicate important "accident contributions."

We are starting to address anomalies (your post fits in a possible type) in thread:

Last edited by RR_NDB; 16th Apr 2012 at 16:34.