PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BA/bmi merger (was Virgin & Balpa - bmi next ?)
Old 16th Apr 2012, 16:05
BusDriverLHR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
On the subject of integration - The bmi CC owes it to their membership to get a fair deal in terms of integration of SLs.
No. The BMI CC owes it to their membership to undertake an objective and unemotional analysis of their current situation and determine what the best course of action is to achieve the best (realistic) deal possible for BMI pilots.

Thus far they have failed miserably. They have come up with an unachievable list if demands, told their membership what they wanted to hear and refused to listen to those who tried to point out the precarious reality of their situation.

The error of their ways is rapidly becoming apparent. I feel desperately sorry for those who stand to lose their jobs. The number facing redundancy would almost certainly be less had the BMICC engaged with the BACC instead of bullishly chasing the pipe-dream of a zippered seniority list while harping on about the BMI/BMED merger.

If I was one of those handed 90 days notice I would be feeling bitterly misrepresented.