PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Big bang in Swindon area
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2012, 14:50
Wyler

Received 6 Likes on 2 Posts
So, UK QRA(I) going about their business has really churned up a storm of niff naff and trivea.
I particularly like the UFO types wading in. I was on Q in the late 90s when we got a call from a concerned member of the public regarding lights in the sky. We made some calls and came to the conclusion that it was a party ship off of Gt Yarmouth firing lasers into the sky.
A letter then arrives from one of these UFOlogists ()accusing us of a cover up and introducing various random 'facts' that bore absolutely no resemblance to what had actually happened. The startling level of ignorance contained in the text made it obvious that these types live in a different world (or would like to). Quite a few man hours were then wasted responding to this clown before we could get on with our jobs.
I also think that anyone who follows these missions on the various social networking sites, and gets aroused by who said what to whom at such and such a time needs to move out of their Nans spare room and meet some girls.
Finally, some people on here who profess to be professionals 'in the know' have a seemingly very poor grasp of some of the most basic roles of the current RAF.
Anyway, time to nip back down the bunker and see if we can open up that saucer we got last week...........