PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - cabin crew lifestyle
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2012, 08:12
benji

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi Romina,

I am Cabin Crew for TOM - on short haul we do 60-70 minute turnarounds and we have cleaners come on and do everything apart from seat pockets and security checks. OFten you will get time (subject to flight deck) to go into the terminal to buy stuff or just have some food. Longhaul we do the sector and get off and head to the beach for anything from 24 to 168 hours!

Uniform - whilst it is not gucci we don't pay for it or replacements. The only thing that they charge for but it is not compulsory is a uniform scarf, i personally don't wear one.

Training - not bonded and not charged, the 'worst' thing about training is if your away from base you have to share hotel rooms but the hotels are usually 4* as a minimum.

Perks - we can got late rates on flights (£30 £55 or £125 SH MH LH) and accommodation starting from £5pppn. I had a week all inclusive in ACE for £170! and you get concessions which is a monetary value to be deducted from your holiday (obv with TOM/FCA) but you can put it towards a scheduled carrier if you wish but strict conditions apply.

Overall I would say Thomson treatment is the polar opposite to FR. Whilst I don't think bashing you for taking a job in the current climate is particularly friendly - I wouldn't waste anymore time in FR because they really are shocking!

Sorry to hear you unhappy and i wish you lots of luck in your future career.

x

Last edited by benji; 16th Apr 2012 at 12:22.