PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - any significant others here who can enlighten me about life 'over there'?
Old 16th Apr 2012, 08:03
pilotbaba

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@potatowings; Well said.....

@ssauer1930;

Ma'm, You haven't said where In Middle East your "significant Other" was offered a job, Saudi Arabia, UAE, Qatar, Kuwait, Jordan, Iraq, IRAN...????

The place & the airline could mean a world of difference.

BTW, Afghanistan is not Middle East, I hope you know that......

Even though I have no personal experience in working for an airline in any of these above mentioned countries, I have travelled enough to tell you that what your milliatry friend has said may be an occasional CASE, that is NOT the norm & definately not the kind of life in the Middle east what you have imagined for your self.

@ all others......

Funny, I watching CNBC a while ago & they mentioned the US, Europe, BRIC & the Rest of the world.. All other other countries is ROW Rest of world for us americans......
(For those who don't know what a BRIC is. It is Brazil, Russia, India & China)

I am surpirsed at the ignorance level demonstrated by some of my fellow Americans & how little some of us Americans know about the rest of the world.....

Of course, the education system didn't teach much & a majority of us don't even have a passport, so we haven't seen much for ourselves to experience first hand......

In a NUT SHELL, quite a lot us Americans, we have become very much like the Frog of a Pond, who thinks that my pond is the best......

Ma'm, your ignornace may be costing your "significant other", an opportunity of a life time & all you can quote for your decision is a friend from the Millitary....

Best of Luck...... Your family & hopefully well qualified "significant other" PILOT, is going to need one badly, if he continues to fly in USA, with those deteriorating conditions........