PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - cabin crew lifestyle
View Single Post
Old 16th Apr 2012, 07:24
Cross_check

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Come on guys

People take jobs for different reasons and with someone new to the industry you may not see how the contract applies in real life until you have taken it up and started working.. by then your employed and happening.

With Low Cost Carriers don't expect too much. 25-30 minutes is a normal turnaround in today's industry. Legacy carriers sometimes have crews to clean for you whilst a lot of LCC's the crew do the cleaning up (normally except bodily fluids and bathroom accidents) It is a shame that you don't enjoy the work. But you have to find one that suits your needs and expectations. With the experience under your belt, you might have to move to get something but it could be good... A change all around. Most of you are lucky as you have alot of other ports/airlines or countries to be based from. In Australia we only have so many bases to choose from. A good friend of mine left Australia and is loving life in Dubai... just a long way home. For me staying on the aircraft not a problem. I like the idea of return to base at the end of your shift (unless issues arise) but some people would like the lay overs. Some airlines in Australia have both Airline Staff and Contracted staff so the person sharing your jumpseat may be on a high hourly rate but no security... you have benefits, security but a lower per hour rate... In Australia anything work related is tax deductable so things like uniforms, luggage, expenses are claimable.

You have to sit down and do the pros and cons. I understand that some airlines over there will hire for peak seasons and then terminate employment in a slower period. This could be a win win for you as you could explore another form of employment during the down period. e.g. Call Centre work can be fun.. I have been there and done that... and then when the season starts, start flying again.

Just because you have had a bad time with one carrier does not mean you have problems with others... and everyone should be a bit more helpful... for a person to air problems on here we should be supportive. People should never be concerned about posting genuine issues. Not every flight attendant gets Paris, first class internation... some get a Melbourne, Economy, pringles, beer and vomit bags..