PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Seville Spain - how do we get there?
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2012, 23:41
Northbeach

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Trip review & final posting on this thread (15-04-2012)

First of all thank you Dan Dare, Cavortingcheetah, Cameronian and others who took the time to forward your wonderful recommendations.

I would have to give the online website www.golearnto.com high marks. Part of me wants to add negative critique of golearnto.com regarding their lack of support following the initial sale. However most of my problems were self induced by my trying to fly standby; therefore in all fairness it is hard to penalize the online booking service.

However golearnto.com is not open 24 hours a day, nor are they contactable over the weekend. On the package I purchased I could not pay for the course with a credit card. That forced me to exchange dollars for euros and carry cash and in doing that I incurred additional, and in my opinion unnecessary, financial transaction fees.

Overall golearnto.com did a fine job. I would not hesitate using them again. In fact I am playing with the idea of sailing in Australia and going to Dubai for Arabic lessons; both of which are current learning/vacation options being offered. I thought it is a fascinating idea combining learning or doing what interests you in a different location; an extremely effective blend of potentially exotic vacationing and sabbatical learning opportunity.

The learning workshop of Taller Flamenco itself in Seville Spain met or exceeded every hope and expectation I had for the trip/learning experience. I would give them my highest recommendation. They work with a lot of international students and are experienced in dealing with different people who come with vastly different levels of expertise. They offer Flamenco instruction in dance, song and guitar and can adapt to whatever your level from highly qualified to raw novice. Taller Flamenco also offers Spanish language lessons; those lessons were also of excellent quality.

To the flight crew and gate agents of Iberia flight 101 on the 14th (SEV-MAD) again my greatest thanks. You folks set the standard for professional courtesy and went to tremendous lengths to get the two of us on that flight to Madrid. Thank you again; I will never forget your kindness-ever!

I was highly impressed by the domestic service offered by both Vueling and Iberia. Whoever designed the airports at Barcelona and Madrid did a masterful job on a colossal scale.

Regarding United/Continental airlines international service; to be honest I was not expecting much. I was pleasantly surprised by the amenities offered on United’s 757 flight across the Atlantic. Everything was good; atmosphere, service, entertainment system and food. It was likely an older 757 but the interior had been updated.

Regarding U.S. Customs-Immigration experience in EWR; simply awful. I can’t believe the poor way we treat the thousands of passengers every hour who make the effort to travel to our country, I hang my head in shame.

In summery the trip was wonderful; tapas, Flamenco at Casa de la Memoria and other venues and Seville – perfect!

Thank you one and all for the wonderful suggestions and recommendations.

Respectfully,

Northbeach (now a new fan of Spain and everything Spanish)

Last edited by Northbeach; 17th Apr 2012 at 04:12.