PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Plane 'suffered fuel supply problems' before fatal crash.
Old 15th Apr 2012, 23:20
riverrock83

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bulldog gauges are pretty accurate, although I can't put a figure on it. There is a central fuel drain at the lowest point. I suspect that the tendency to not drain evenly is likely due to pilot error (not quite keeping straight and level - I'll use the student excuse ) which if you flew out of balance I suspect you would probably get the same error (there is a moral in here somewhere).
I have only seen the vent leak once, and that was when it was set to cross feed ("both"), it was being pulled across uneven ground and the tanks were tipped.
In your setup, there is no way of telling whether the fuel in separate tanks is OK, and if there is a problem on one side, there is no way of controlling that. Mind you - if there is a problem on one side, there is a good chance there is the same problem on the other...
I presume that there is a fuel pump to pull in from the collector so that in inverted flight doesn't stop the donkey when gravity is no longer your friend?

I might give you China 2, UK 1, US 0, but I think I'm being generous (and I think I should stop the game of trumps: they are very different planes and I'll soon start to show my lack of true knowledge..)