PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI mainline pilots made redundant?
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2012, 19:00

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hi bluepilot

If as you say, you know of people starting 'next month', presumably they were made their job offer at the beginning of Feb? Some BMI pilots have just been given 90 day notices by their employers (Luftansa???) which means POSSIBLE redundancy mid July? Even if it WERE BA calling the shots, I see no moral or legal dilemma? BA will not be offering any contracts to new hires, whilst making people redundant. If they did, then of course legally BA pilots would be in jeopardy too. Perhaps that is what people here would REALLY prefer???

Edited to add: if you imagine LH/IAG don't know the law here, I suspect you may be either wrong, or they have at the very least calculated the potential downside to their actions. Either way, like a supertanker, it is now set on a course.

Like others, I don't for one moment think that those sitting on 90 day notices have too much to worry about with good handling by the BMICC! EVERYONE has said what top blokes those currently under threat are. I personally would genuinely take a hit to ensure They have the opportunity to share with their families a good summer and Christmas, I have already done it for colleagues within BA, and I feel no less obliged to those currently inhabiting a different terminal!!

Last edited by 4468; 15th Apr 2012 at 19:27.