PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - N-reg situation update
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2012, 16:04
peterh337

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Peter 337 does not help by suggesting (posting the same posts across a number of forums) that all N reg operation is at an end when clearly it is not.
I did not say that. I was drawing attention to the current issue. Awareness of current and upcoming threats is always a good thing. What you want to do about it is up to you.

I see you are in Denmark. Assuming you are a private owner-pilot, have you checked whether Denmark has applied to EASA for any derogation? That would be a start.

He has made his own arrangements to keep flying. We don't all live or fly in the same circumstances as him. I think Peter is winding you up to look for ways around EASA FCL by claiming non-EU residency when, in fact, this is only a short-lived problem.
That may be true, in which case can you explain how it is "short lived"?

I see no evidence that a BASA is coming at any time, and in any case it would never be a straight paper swap.

AOPA's across the EU should be helping N reg pilots with advice how to continue to fly. They aren't doing that as far as I can see.
That's because most of them don't really exist. Even the biggest countries have poor representation, and most of Europe has effectively nobody (and very little GA).

Also AOPA UK has a bit of a history being in two minds whether to support N-regs or not. Go back say 5 years and they were very ambivalent. Unsuprising, given the large number of corporate (FTO) members. They came on board recently though.

Germany is doing quite a lot, it seems.

Last edited by peterh337; 15th Apr 2012 at 16:15.