PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hefty fine for pilot’s road rage
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2012, 14:30
junglie-driver

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hefty fine for pilot’s road rage

Read in 7days today....

A pilot has been fined Dhs5,000 for a road rage incident on a Dubai highway.

The American was fined at Dubai Court of Misdemeanors yesterday after he was found guilty of insulting an Emirati who worked as a Dubai Customs inspector.

Official records state that last October, the 31-year-old Emirati and his friend were driving on Al Sufouh Road when the 34-year-old defendant started beeping his horn.

“The defendant was driving behind my car,” the victim said. “I gestured to him to be patient until we passed an exit. All of a sudden he overtook me then stopped his car in front of mine. It forced me to put the brakes on. He then stepped out of his car and came near my window and insulted me using bad language.”

The Emirati’s passenger confirmed the incident in the courtroom. However, the American insisted during the investigation and in court that he did not insult the inspector.

“I was in the right lane on Al Sufouh Road when he entered it and stopped,” the defendant said. “I put on my brakes and blasted my horn but he wouldn’t move. He gestured at me asking ‘what did I want’.

I couldn’t control myself so I stepped out of my car and asked why he had stopped. I told him such behaviour was dangerous and then drove off.”

The Emirati took down the registration number and made a complaint to Dubai Police. “I received a call from police asking me to go to their station,” the American added.