PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - N-reg situation update
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2012, 14:25
Bob Upanddown

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I hold my hand up as having an FAA licence but not having an EASA acceptable licence.
I am a EU resident. I don't deny that I am.
So, as it stands, I cannot fly N reg outside the EU state that issued my original national licence. I can apply for my current national licence to be changed to an EASA one but not until EASA FCL is adopted (depending on which country issued my licence, it might be another year). UK CAA lead the way as usual by adopting ill-written regulations from July 2012.

The problem is that the EASA clowns and the national authorities could not foresee all the problems that this disjointed and muddled introduction of EASA FCL would produce as they are just pen-pushers and don't live in the real world. But then we N reg pilots only fly N reg in the EU thanks to a muddle of regulations so we should not complain.

So, maybe, by 2014, I will have an EASA licence to keep EASA happy in their airspace and an FAA licence to keep the FAA (state of registry of the aircraft) happy. I will be happy in maybe 2 years. It is not a long time to wait for peace of mind and the ability to fly an aircraft that is not governed by Part M. We should be grateful to be able to continue flying on the N reg. Just don't tell EASA that EASA FCL won't stop anyone doing that.

Peter 337 does not help by suggesting (posting the same posts across a number of forums) that all N reg operation is at an end when clearly it is not.
He has made his own arrangements to keep flying. We don't all live or fly in the same circumstances as him. I think Peter is winding you up to look for ways around EASA FCL by claiming non-EU residency when, in fact, this is only a short-lived problem.

AOPA's across the EU should be helping N reg pilots with advice how to continue to fly. They aren't doing that as far as I can see.