PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 8
View Single Post
Old 15th Apr 2012, 09:30
RR_NDB

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Shared responsibilities in an accident

You may have crew error(s) and a design related (the interface between the crew PF+PM) issue that contributed given the circumstances (rare).

I don't remember any post that put the A/C (or it's interface) as the only or even major cause of the accident.

I myself raised the importance of a good interface specially when dealing with unpredictable issues.

And in A330 at that time, obsolete sensors failing simultaneously in a "non redundant design" was a PREDICTABLE issue.

Despite being predictable nor the System nor the crew were able to promote the survivability. And the "effective aircraft" felt in "near terminal speed" very near the LKP (surprising everybody).

The rare circumstances led to the end in just 4 minutes just by PF (+PM) error?

An analysis normally is not "sharply digital", Yes or No. Normally there are "gradients" to be considered. Real world is not digital. It's a little bit more complex.

And is in interest of pilots to improve the interface. Or this is absolutely not necessary?

Improvements on the interface, not necessarily put the pilots further out the loop.
The idea is the opposite: To allow pilots to act easily and safer when (for any reason) they are required to enter the the loop.

And a good i(intuitive) interface even SIMPLIFIES training and allows a better (closer) interaction with her (A/C) .