PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Man-machine interface and anomalies
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2012, 15:19
TTex600

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
TO: no one in particular.

TTex600 is just a average dumbarse pilot. I've been doing it for well over 25 years and I've managed to survive, but sometimes only by the skin of my teeth. I represent the vast VAST majority of the men/women flying your tail around the friendly skies.

Either build yourself an heavier than air high speed transportation device that is entirely independent of my human failings and buy your tickets on it, or build yourself a heavier than air high speed transportation device that requires (because I do have the ability to recognize degradations etc) my flawed personage and build it to help me cover my failings.

Recent accident stats show that fuel CFIT etc kill aircraft. Cockpit confusion kills aircraft. IIRC, BritishMidlands lost a 738 some years ago when the crew shut down the good engine, AF447 was lost when the crew couldn't decipher the instruments after suffering UAS,

Recent trends in automation do nothing to reduce confusion when the excrement hits the fan. Give me a bird that gets out of my way and let's me fly it when it can't fly itself, that's all I ask.