PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Hainan interview - master warning - ready to pay +1000 eur???
Old 14th Apr 2012, 14:18
SurvivedJZR

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Devil Hainan interview - master warning - ready to pay +1000 eur???

Hi volks,

just returned from interview with Hainan, which was totally contrary to all informations I had before.

IF YOU ARE INTERESTED in HAINAN LET ME ASK YOU:
ARE YOU WILLING TO PAY 1000 EURO FOR THE INTERVIEW PROCESS? IT WILL COST YOU MINIMUM THAT MUCH !!!

Actually, I canceled the application at the second day being in China, due to being cheated from the beginning and finding extreme bad conditions.

This is a report from my application process showing all facts involving. I am not telling you not to go, this is your decision.
The goal of this thread is not to blame Hainan, the goal is to give every interested candidate valuable informations.

The layout will make it easy for you to read. I will report first by the subjects and then by cronological order. This makes it more easy to understand e
ach subject.

Facts will be written like this using ARIAL font and black colour
[The source of the fact will be given in brackets and italic letters in blue colour
]
Notes are written using COMIC SANS font in magenta colour

Tickets to go to the interview:
A week before my first interview date I got a ticket-voucher for HNA flight BRU - PEK- BRU, written half Chinese half English, with the instruction to go to the ticket counter of HNA at the airport of HNA departure. There the ticket will be printed and I will have only to pay the tax. At this time the information was, that I will get the tax reimbursed. What I could read from the ticket was only DEP and ARR dates and times. No taxes, no money/cost information.
[GPS agency and BRU HNA ticket office]

I had to organize and to pay the other part of the journey myself, to get from my place to BRU and after the reutrn flight back again. Only flight tickets are subject for reimbursement, neither train-ticket, nor driving costs, nor hotel costs for overnight adjacent to the HNA flights outside China.
[GPS agency ]

To follow their reimbursement rules closesest possible, I booked and paid a flight myself to BRU and back to my home. Because there was
no conecting flight I had to arrive 1 day prior my departure to Peking. For the return flight 8 days later to my home I booked a flight departing 4 hours after the PEK-BRU was scheduled for arrival.
I book and paid hotel in BRU with costs at 90 EUR.
[GPS agency ]

After I checked in into the hotel in BRU, I went to the airport to receive my ticket from HNA ticket counter. In my case, she had the informations.for my ticket, a day later, when I met the other candidates, their tickets except one, was NOT advised.
[BRU HNA ticket office]

With my ex airline, I departed many times from BRU paying the taxes as well. Always, it was between 35 and 40 EUR. But I was surprised, when the HNA ticket office told me, to pay 300 EUR as tax for the HNA ticket for the routing BRU-PEK-BRU. Never ever this amount is the tax only, and when I questioned the lady from HNA tickt office, she admited, it was not tax only, there are also internal charges on the ticket, which I have to pay now. On the ticket you see 3 different positions BE 27,38
CN 10,71
TX 8,10
with a sum of approx 46 EUR, and there is 1 position,
XT 250,00
which is the internail charge. But she said, I will get all reimbursed, but she did not say, when I will get the reimbursement.
[BRU HNA ticket office]

Before paying the - by HNA called TAX - , at this time, I had I already paid my ticket to go to BRU (EUR 260) and already paid the hotel .(EUR 90) and there are already costs for car parking at MY departure point, which means, that I already invested 400 EUR. My thinking was, if I do not pay this additional 300EUR for what HNA calls TAX, I will not know, if I get my investment reimbursed, at least the ticket part. I felt being cheated a lot, since they (BRU ticket office and GPS agency) said, that I have to pay the tax only, but it was not only tax, it was and internal ticket charge as well. I was asking the HNA ticket office, why do they charge me now, when they are going to reimburse the money anyhow, but she said, that this is the procedure.
Being pressurised a lot, finally I paid this HNA ticket.
[BRU HNA ticket office and myself]

Because my HNA route was BRU-PEK-BRU only, I paid 300 EUR. Another candidate, his route was BRU-PEK-PVG-PEK-BRU, he had to pay between 350 and 420 EUR, I cannot remember the exact amount. His route was different, because he had to go for Boeing Simulator to Shanghai.
[BRU HNA ticket office]

In order to stay with the ticket subject, I hereby report what happened after my return.

After returning from PEK and then from BRU to my place, I received an email by my agent :
"For your information the HNA reimbursement process always takes 8 to 10 weeks for refunding, and there are some documents required by HNA as follows:
1. The entire boarding passes (round trip).
2. The airport tax receipt with the price highlighted.
3. The scanned copy of the Chinese Visa page, the arrival and departure Stamp of China page in the passport.
4. Please also fill out the bank information form as attached. "
She did not ask for additional costs, which I had in PEK. Anyhow, I sent all to her and I am going to report here, what I got refounded, if any.
[GPS agency]

Another candidate told me, that HNA is only reimbursing successfull candidates.
[interview candidate]

Now, after all this, I am asking myself, why do they charge you for the ticket, if they want to reimburse the money anyhow. Normaly big companies try to avoid unncessary administration work. So, the easiest would be, to send candidates Dead Head to the interview. Or at least, just to give them the ticket, when the candidate shows up for the flight at the airport. But they do not, they want to have money from the candidate. Therefore the simple explanation is, that they pressurize the candidate to stay in the application process in order to be able to lower the quality and respect during the appication process.
It is very easy: The moment you have already paid more than 250 EUR, you want to have it back and you are willing to accept lower quality, lower everything. If you think about to quit whilst experiencing this respectless attitude (see later), these unaccpetable hotel conditions (see later) or whatever, you fear, that your money has gone forever.

The interview process is not only a one time application, it is to come minimum 2 times, if not 3 times or more to PEK.
[GPS agency]

This means simply, that you pay every time 300 to 400 EUR at least for the ticket of HNA flight, which makes up a sum of 1.000 EUR or more.
[conclusion]

Are you willing to spend that money and you are even not sure, whether to get it back or not, and if it takes more than 3 months ???

HOTEL for interview in PEK
I will report in details soon, because I want to find out, how I can post my pictures, showing the mold on the wall and on the ceiling, plus the floor-covering diry in my room. To summarize, it was a very bad and totally unacceptable hotel, which we experienced. It was unheated (4 pilots got sick in 2 days), dirty and clearly healthrisking. One pilot changed to HILTON hotel downtown, payking 450 EUR per night.

To report ALL facts, it must be said, that normally piots will be taken into DAYS INN hotel, which is a nice and acceptable hotel. Then, you would not have these problem, at this time, but it could happen later to you as well.

We had been taken into HOYA hotel, it was said, due to DAYS INN to be fully booked since 3 weeks.
It must be highlighted that the hotel situation was known to HNA and they chose the bad HOYA hotel, they found this unacceptable hotel as being acceptable.
Although I found IBIS hotel, clean and nice, just 200 m from HOYA hotel away, HNA and agency refused to change hotel, intentionally lying to me:
"ALL HOTELS IN THAT AREA ARE FULLY BOOKED."
I have a printout of IBIS hotel vacancy for the period of my stay!
[HNA, Agency, myself and other candidates]

Because HNA made this decision to put us into the HOYA hotel, being aware of that unacceptable hotel, they have the full responsibility. If this happens now, it will happen somewhen later again. They do what they want, ignoring any respect towards you.

OTHER FACTS
It is taking me a lot of time to offer all these facts. Since I want to make it 100% reliable, it takes more time, than I have at this moment. I will continue with more in details concerning the hotel and other facts within the next few days.