PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - BMI mainline pilots made redundant?
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2012, 11:23
Thick E

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I am probably missing something (wouldn't be the first time) but why are IAG or BA even being mentioned in this. As of the present, they are as far as I am aware not the owners of BMI, Lufthansa are.

With this in mind, talk of how BA or IAG manage things should apply post approximately 20th April. Until this time, Lufthansa and BMI management are the ones officially making this cull and I would expect it to be dealt with under the current AFS for BMI pilots.

As I say, perhaps I'm missing something but it would appear to me that either these redunadncies are handled and decided upon internally by Lufthansa/BMI management prior to the takeover or by IAG/BA after the over. If it is the latter then TUPE would apply. If it is the former, I would expect that WPS should stand by his loyal outstation staff and say "not on my watch" to any pressure by future owners. In previous communiques, the line has been that the management would try and minimise job losses rather than to consider pulling the plug on the business.

As positions will be needed by the future employer, surely this is contrary to that stance.