PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Skill Test in India before Conversion of Licence
Old 14th Apr 2012, 07:08
teja.aluri

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
My tentative Conclusion for the tech specific written exam

Dear all,

Long time i have been reading about people puzzled on how to get on with the written exam on tech specific and get a CPL on SE with those having a ME CPL,

Now that you remembered, you have take a FAA SE PPL, Why not convert that ppl into an DGCA PPL first, then based on the ppl issued by DGCA, get a DGCA CPL "addon", because AS per DGCA, tech specific exam is same for any category of licence, and that you have an A/C endorsed on your PPL, they may just used the same A/C for CPL. There are know cases where in people have taken ppl and in future applied for CPL on the same A/c base on the concept that he has a ppl and didn't wrote a tech specific again.

All we need to request DGCA is to issue a PPL and simultaneously issue CPL based on it & all in one go,

I am quite not sure if the CPL checks that you will Do with your CFI here in India would be valid for ppl, if not you shall be prepared for a 1 PPL check from your CFI. and an additional 5000/- DD to DGCA.

So in this way we never have to bother about writing a tech specif paper as per DGCA.

@ronak.akik2k the new rule that we are talking here is applicable from 1st April, i wouldn't recommend going to Canada, either do recency in US and give checks in India or do your entire recency in India. and for the 3rd point i am not sure for Canada, but if were planning for US then i think you could do your recency mixing both ME and SE and then come to India and give checks on either SE or ME. you should better check the recency requirements from DGCA website and see for your self with the type of A/C you were trained on and it's valid COA and what not...., but either case i would recommend figuring out your clarifications with DGCA(Mr. A. Vashisth).