PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Air New Zealands future Job Prospects
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2012, 06:57
Gate_15L

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
The only people that could have an idea would be those that have done both, S/O and Command at a LCC/other operator.

There are guys/girls that have done exactly that... Air NZ S.Os have left before you..

Everyone thinks they are owed something these days.
No everybody doesn't, but screw you if I'm already at the top... nice.. I'm sure your a dream to fly with...

With no definite retirement age, as a certain court case set precedent for I see your pain... Sure the older generation do deserve to stay there.. but quite rightly as has been said, they probably got their commands after 3-4 years...
Did they even have S.O positions back in those days?

It's not the Air NZ S.Os that are the suckers.. they deserve a shot, but through unfortunate timing, you probably won't see a command this side of 60. Might explain why most people leaving the links are off to Virgin/Jetstar/Cobham...

Air NZ Human Resources won't see this as a problem as they've already counted on some of you leaving and have started a cadet scheme in time for the planned hump in 10 years.

It comes down to this, whats more important? Lifestyle or a Command..?

You can have a (jet) command based in NZ, however the conditions aren't Air NZ... and they aren't Emirates but they are very livable...