PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Big bang in Swindon area
View Single Post
Old 14th Apr 2012, 03:39
ENFP

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well a lot of people seem to get their knickers in a twist over absolutely nothing. No secrets, no compromising of procedures, everything easily available from your best friend...google.Perhaps those used to a military 30 years ago where an inter net was some kind of fishing accessory and Mrs Zuckerman hadn't even lost her virginity may consider that the revelation of 77,76,75 to the great unwashed would have been worthy of 25 years in the Tower, but things are a tad different now. Why I bet we even have new security classifications saying 'Google Eyes Approved'.

Calm down everyone. A mistake was made, which led to a series of departments following a series of procedures and the people paid to take care of our airspace did so in a fully professional and aggressive manner. I would give my left testicle right now to sit in the garden and listen to a jet go SS over the top of the house, and a face full of exhaust from freshly burned jet fuel.

The guys reacted, luckily there was no need. Too much bad publicity and 'outrage bus' screamings and rants, often causes a change in procedure, so that the next time that hijacked aircraft packed with fuel and a bomb is heading down your way and the pilot does try to warn everyone, then there will be no jets launched out of QRA again for fear of upsetting the lefties and those that recall "thats not how it bloody was in my day 30 years ago in the RAF'. The internet has resulted in a lot of information being public domain, it also has replaced the missing sound of jet noise with the constant whine of certain types of people complaining. Stand down everyone nothing to get upset about here.