PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Big bang in Swindon area
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2012, 22:24
ShyTorque

Avoid imitations

Location: Wandering the FIR and cyberspace often at highly unsociable times
Received 438 Likes on 231 Posts
Leon J,

As I said earlier, if a transponder is now seen by ATC as set to 7500, it's unlikely to be for real, for the reasons you have just stated, i.e. it would probably be turned off in those circumstances by a trained person. You're repeating almost exactly what I posted on that subject but you're still trying to disagree with me over that same point! The red mist you seem to be suffering seems to have clouded your vision.

Having done my time as both a military and civilian flyer (about twenty years of each), I do know a little about security and the real threat, on both sides of the fence. I would think every professional flyer here, and most of the ppl holders too, already knew what you decided to copy and paste as a quote, as if it were some clever revelation. So it was unecessary to post it, we all know about it. I asked you a simple question about whether it was wise to post the transponder codes in question, nothing more.

Because I asked that initial question, you seem to be intent on proving me wrong at every turn. You now seem to be turning to childish insults, even to the point of deliberately mis-spelling my user name. As the rules of the forum here say, play the ball, not the player.

You've since gone on to post other stuff that might be best left off a public website already well known to be in the gaze of the media. You have obviously missed the point that the MOD haven't said precisely what caused the alert; they quoted slightly obtusely, off to one side. You've obviously not wondered why? Your blinkered idea of what type of individual constitutes a security threat to an aircraft is not necessarily the full picture.