PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Melbourne, Vic advice
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2012, 20:10
max cont

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks

Thanks for the great replies. Far more information and less banter than I was expecting!

A good reminder about checking the licence equivalency - I was working on advice from a few years ago that it was easy going from Uk to Oz. The route here to gaining your civil licence from military experience only delivers a CPL(H) until you complete an IR and a type rating on a twin pilot civil ac, even though you meet the criteria in other ways and are qualified in the military sense. So you are left in a bit of a chicken and egg situation - you don't get the ATPL until you do the training and you dont get some jobs unless you are an ATPL. I can't currently see any way in which I will get the EASA ATPL before I emigrate.

A couple of follow up questions if anyone can answer:

Has the offshore work from Sale dried up if people are touring from there to elsewhere in the country? I have seen 'Red Dog' - is Karratha still 2 weeks of lounging in Y-fronts and knitting?

Broadly what is the pay range for the touring jobs so I can compare it to the charter option. Childcare may become a player.

Really appreciate your time