PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Man-machine interface and anomalies
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2012, 18:54
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
One thing at a time, if you are a human, and if well trained, perhaps three. With a PM, you are in 6 ville, and if that is not enough, well, the a/c actually wants to fly, that is why they look alike.

The safest pilots are two hundred hours in, and newly certificated, but you knew that. The most unsafe? Around a thousand hours. Instructive of the human condition, reality, and the traditional construct.

Knowledge is useless generally, without experience. The best pilot is one who can remain confident, in front, and on top, and for the longest time; at least until things settle into something one can recognize.

If one has a longer wait, refer to: a/c want to fly, it's in the planform. Level, powered, and within limits.

Grace under pressure is more important than rote. Pilots have retracted gear prior to rotate, in honor of rote. "Light a Pipe" (with apologies, PJ2?). The effective a/c is built to cruise, a long long way, in comfort and economy. The current paradigm should suffice, save for some bonehead plays, terrorists, and Weather, mostly avoidable.

All things considered, this thread is exploratory, I jump onto a twin tomorrow for Hawaii, and will sleep as a babe, and why not? The interface is called into question here, and collaterally in honor of the dead out of Rio. I don't think it was the interface what done it. In fact, I am certain. Mechanical, and PE, in some exotic blend, and we will never know, not this time, again. Gotta make not only a buck, but as many as logic and hypnosis will provide.

Thanks Nat