PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - CPL written exams
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2002, 08:04
Hornetboy

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Kamitori,

Just sat for all 7. Passed, but some only through God's grace. With this new system they pretty much ensure you have no excessively weak points that can be hidden with a high average from the other components.

I would seriously suggest you study far and wide, rather than concentrating on the hard CPL stuff you think would be heavily tested, especially for subjects like Aircraft General Knowledge, Aerodynamics, and Human Factors, where it's very much a memory game on as many as possible items. PPL knowledge remembered are bonus easy marks, that you may need. After studying extremely hard on CSU's and Supercharging, they consisted of only about 10-15% of the questions....and one mark there is equal to the one mark on the easier stuff, if u get what I mean.

The whole A/B/C competency standards thing in the Day VFR Syllabus is a bit subjective. Basically read the Trevor Thom books right through, because they hold what you should know. Try to remember little bits of info because some of the questions presented really pick at little things. I found the questions were almost all very original, and practice exam questions, though helpful when studying, will not be re-encountered very often.

Also suggest you do a CPL Theory course with a school, they should point out most things required for a pass. Let them figure out the Day VFR Syllabus for you :-)