PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Interesting US AOPA Article about EASA approach to FAA licenses
Old 13th Apr 2012, 14:10
nigelh

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hiller Bee ....you said ....As for typeratings try to fly/rent a helicopter in the US when you have less than a 100 hours on type. When you have more than a 100 hours on type in the EASA system you get a typerating pretty easy (only a typerating practial exam )

I may be misreading you but i have nearly 1000 hrs on AS 350 and 500 + on 206 , 200 on MD500 ....i have an FAA CPL CFi and UK CAA PPL .......
I have to do 2 hrs training and a check ride on each type and also 8 hrs training and ground school for the 109 ( which i am flying today with 200 hrs ....).
As for what reg heli i can fly in what country .....just like the rest of you i havent got a clue Luckily for me i can afford to jump through all the hoops for some imbicile in a suit ...sadly i think there will be many out there who just cannot afford to pay for the hire of the aircraft , the instructor and school and the EASA fees . They will either fly illegally ....just hand over your wealth to your wife or kids to look after in case you get sued ....or just give up . Neither is ideal...