PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Throw me out or keep me in?
View Single Post
Old 12th Dec 2002, 06:14
OzExpat

PPRuNeaholic

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Lightbulb

Geez Woomera, does that mean there are now "Eleven Thingeys"?

But, seriously I'm pretty sure that many folks will be aware that I've always been opposed to votes by "the rank and file" on whether or not someone should be expelled. I've supported that concept in some pretty extreme cases, such as our old "mate" O_C_B.

I know that this situation is very different from all the others in that Slash has initiated this on himself. However, the basic concept is the same, as far as I'm concerned and, for the benefit of those who may not know it, it's simply this...

Everyone who registers here has a right to be here and to express opinions. The only judge on whether or not a person should be expelled is the PPRuNe management - ie the Admins and Modbods. Nobody else has any entitlement to decide whether or not anyone should stay or leave.

As for Slash's ... errr .... robust ? views, unless I've failed to grasp the English language, it would seem that others have seen fit, on this thread, to express their own robust views. If ya dish it out, ya gotta be prepared to cop it back. That's only fair.

So, Slash, I don't really care what result comes rom this poll, don't go!!! Some people will be lost for things to comment on if you leave - and then this place will die!