PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - TAA Cessna 180's in PNG
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2012, 07:26
Torres

Received 8 Likes on 4 Posts
VH DWM Cessna 185A -315 Aerial Tours PIAS 71 - N4115Y VH-GKI To Tourist Air Lines -
I don't think Buscuit Ears ever owned that aircraft? DWM = Divine Word Mission.

A fellow worker was Noel Peacock, who was some before was with TAL, he had a bad one if my memory is right in a Drover at Chimbu. Back problem, was flown south, never to return.
Not a Drover. Noel Peacock pranged one of the original TAL DH84 Dragons on the old Chimbu strip around 1957(?), was badly injured and flown south.

After that, possibly 1958, Dick Cresswell flew the last TAL DH84 Dragon VH-AON south.

Whilst researching the history of TAL/Talair in the 1970s, I was unable to find Noel Peacock but did manage to contact you, with I think information from Junior.

I also contacted Tony Chadim, then working in Canberra. Didn't get a good reception - he did not have nice things to say about Junior!

I also contacted Mat Matus but didn't get much information from him. Tony Chadim and Mat Matus, both originally Czechoslovakian pilots, successfully carried out the first aircraft hijack of a German plane at the end of World War II and flew to freedom. Bill S may remember more details???