PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - any significant others here who can enlighten me about life 'over there'?
Old 13th Apr 2012, 04:00
ssauer1930

Location: floating around in the sea of life- still don't know what I want to be when (if) I grow up
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
thanks for info/points of views

I appreciate some of the info.
I(we), are a shy about the final decision, as we have several military friends- their views are not at all the same as yours...
I have a friend who was teaching at the Saudi University- was afraid in Saudi, went to Afganistan to teach and loved it there, but now won't even go back to visit because says it is just too dangerous right now to be there....
I have heard so many stories about having to have a 'driver', the bad areas, what is 'punishable', the electricity 'black-outs'......the majority from military friends. What lttle we have heard from ME employees of airlines seems not so great in different ways- the poor management- worse than the US...less retrictions on working hours, etc.
I have no need for a fancy shopping mall- just enough to set up a household.
Seems like dogs are an unusual 'item'. I want ours to be safe.
Oh..the driving CAN'T be any worse than Dallas!! Just can't be....
And yes.. I have no want to be married.. it is just fine like it is. Not to ruin a good thing. But a local prison doesn't sound too good either.
There are so many things to think about.
I am a nurse, but have no desire to work over there- again, I have heard so many bad stories about the nurses...yelling at patients, actually hitting a patient.
So, please understand that it is not a 'You-tube' attitude, but having friends who are/were there recently.
Thank you.