PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - AF 447 Thread No. 8
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2012, 03:15
Lyman

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
@mm43

"So, there you are. Was the RHS PFD overly blue??"

I have to say no, and guess that it showed some horizon, and a nose between 3 and 9 degrees UP. They were satisfied, reasonably, with the sitch til Stall. No screaming, no yelling, no snatching the SS. "We have the engines... So...".

What neither of them saw, anywhere, was AoA. Up to and through the actual STALL, there was no mention of doom. "Let's hope we're climbing, we are at four thousand."

Hyperfocused on loss of altitude, they had not noticed the Stall, would you? Nor had they any reason to mention anything, evidently. I frankly do not believe the data, as released, can lead to rational conviction of PE. Failing the release of all data, and I am a hard sell, to be sure, I think "Cause unknown" is as good as any. We don't know why, only what, and that is insufficient. Absence of evidence is not evidence of absence of care, or competence, it just is not.

My pea brain says even though they had nose up, and knew it, they could not get to "Stall..." only to: "push the Nose DOWN? Are you nuts? Look at the VSI!"

Ciao