PPRuNe Forums - View Single Post - Time to start Lion Air p2f Programme
View Single Post
Old 13th Apr 2012, 00:09
truckflyer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Believe me, if they take you to court, you will have a field day!

Check out a bit information about slave trade contracts, they have not provided you with anything!

You get a job in the Middle East or Europe, you really think Lion Air are going to spend thousands to take you to court?

Tell me how they can legally bond you, when you have paid for ALL the training yourself, and you have also paid them for 500 hours line-training!

Sorry, but if I went to accept such terms, my loyalty for them would have been as shallow as their misuse of us pilots!

I would have left as soon as ANYTHING better came along! I have been in Jakarta, believe me, it is not the place you would spend 4 years if you have a choice of going somewhere else!

As Captain I know also said, most airlines, would see the benefit of hiring you, you have experience, you are rated, and if locally, they would be stealing a pilot from the competition, already fully trained!

The fact is that Lion does NOT pay for your training, that's the main reason that any such bond would be illegal, and as far as my friend the lawyer could understand, considered slave-trade!

Bonded labour or debt bondage

This is when a person's work is the security for a debt - effectively the person has not been sold, but they are on 'a long lease' which they cannot bring to an end, and so cannot leave their 'employer'
The conditions of employment can be such that the labourer can't pay off their debt and is stuck for life, because of low wages, deductions for food and lodging, and high interest rates

BBC - Ethics - Slavery: Modern slavery

So if such a bond of $100.000 really exist, I say good luck to Lion to try to take that pilot to court! I would fancy my chance of actually counter suing them!

And only an IDIOT would go to Indonesia for such a "imaginary trial!"

Get a lawyer to send them a couple of strong letters, and you will NEVER hear from Lion again!

And 737max; you think pilots doing this will ruin your chances, than you already a lost case! Lion air is ruining your chances by behaving unethical, and actually forcing on you a slave contract, that is illegal! (in the modern world)